THE CARBONE’S STORY, A SLICE OF REAL LIFE:
It’s been better than a century since Alfonso and Antoinette (Nana) Carbone stepped onto the edge of America. Much has changed and nothing has changed. A small Italian grocery on St. Paul’s east side, that served as a bar and as a confection shop during prohibition, has grown to an extended family of Carbone’s Pizzerias. In 1954, following Alfonso’s death, Nana gathered traditional recipes from the south of Italy and with the help of sons Frankie and Mario, opened St. Paul’s original Pizzeria. The family business grew and evolved and flourished.
Over 50-plus years, their love of family, their devotion to hard work and their welcoming attitude has never wavered. The legacy of two hopeful, young Italians is still present in every visit, in every exchange and in every bite.